Quality Enhancement Cell
Education, but value-based quality higher education is the epitome of human development continued to be achieved through creating and upholding higher standards and quality assurance in all academic activities leading to excellence in line with University’s motto “In Pursuit of Excellence”.
To facilitate University’s endeavors to keep pace with the international quality standards in terms of academic programs, teachings, learning and research through down to earth planning, assessment, evaluation and on-going persuasion and monitoring.
Objectives (As set by Higher Education Commission)
- To promote public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are maintained and enhanced.
- To review quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- To develop and review academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- To define clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out.
- To develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Master’s, M. Phil/MS, Doctoral.
- To develop program specifications clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successful completion of a specific degree program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of programs are being maintained and to develop subject curriculum and staff development, together through research and other scholarly activities.
- To ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangement in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education.
To develop procedures for:-
- Approval of new program
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring and student perceptions
- Departmental Review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Bachelor, Master’s, M. Phil/MS and PhD degree programs
- Subject Review
- Institutional Assessment
- Program Specifications
- Qualification Framework
Self Assessment Report
- QEC launches SA through the respective Dean, one semester prior to the assessment.
- Department forms the Program Team (PT) that will be responsible for preparing SAR.
- QEC reviews the documentation within a month
- The Vice Chancellor constitutes the Assessment Team (AT) in consultation with the concerned Dean based on the recommendation of the QEC.
- QEC plans and fixes AT visit.
- The AT conducts assessment and presents its findings to QEC, Dean, PT and Department Faculty.
- The QEC submits an executive summary to the Vice Chancellor.
- Department prepares implementation plans.
- Follow up of the implementation plan by QEC.
Departments undertaking SA exercise in Programs
Hamdard Institute of Engineering & Technology
- BS (Computer Science)
- B.E. (Electrical)
Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences
Hamdard Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharm. D (Doctor of Pharmacy)
- M Phil (Pharmacy Practice)
Hamdard University follows a strict anti-plagiarism policy, students and researchers who are found guilty of plagiarism the disciplinary action is taken against them.
Those found guilty of plagiarism face punishment such as:
- A failing grade on particular assignments
- A failing course for the grade
- Suspension or expulsion/dismissal
- Revocation of degree