Admissions at Hamdard University
Admissions Spring 2017 advertizement @ Hamdard Islamabad
Admission Office Timings:
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 am To 04:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: off
Instructions for submitting Application Form
- Application form should be complete in all respects. Attach following documents with application form: i. Three passport size photographs ii. Copy of CNIC or Form-B iii. SSC iv. FSc / DAE / Equivalent Certificate / Hope Certificate (if result not announced).
- Attach Pay Order / Bank Draft in favor of 'Hamdard University' for i. Rs 1400/- if Prospectus is required ii. Rs 1200/- if Prospectus is not required.
- Above amount can also be deposited online in Account No. 0148-1002483833 of Hamdard University, Islamabad Campus, in any branch of Bank Al-Falah throughout Pakistan. Attach electronic receipt (in original) with application form.
- Application Form should be submitted by hand or through postal mail / courier services at the following address: Hamdard University, Islamabad Campus, 23 East, Fazl-e-Haq Road Blue Area Islamabad.
- On receipt of application form, Admit Card and Prospectus (if paid for it) will be sent to the mailing address given in your application form.
The University admits academically sound individuals on the basis of merit determined by the pre-university academic record and its own admission test. The admission tests are held at Islamabad and lahore. The venue and the general instructions for the tests are intimated along with the dispatch of admit cards. Keeping in view their convenience, the applicants are allowed to choose their test centers. The collection of the admit cards for the admission test is the prime responsibility of the applicants. However those applicants, who fail to receive their cards three days prior to the test, are advised to contact the Admission Office immediately. The eligibility conditions for each course of study are stated in the relevant section of the faculties in the Prospectus. The candidates may apply for provisional admission if they are waiting for their results in qualifying examinations for the fulfillment of eligibility. Such applicants are required to provide a certificate from the Head/Principal of their current Institute/College certifying that the applicant is expected to pass the pre-requisite examinations as per Institution/University criterion.
The provisionally admitted applicants have to ensure that the University receives their results by the specified dates, given in their letters of admission or notified separately. Otherwise, their admissions will be declared void and no refund of dues already paid will be made.
Admissions Guide Lines:
- Prospectus and familiarize themselves with the following rules governing the admission/ entrance test/interview of Hamdard University. They should also check all the eligibility criteria for a particular program.(Note: Marks less even by a fraction from the required percentage shall not be rounded off the next whole number).
- Rules of eligibility are followed strictly. Issue of Admit Card and appearing in Admission Test by a candidate does not make a candidate eligible to claim admission if he/she does not fulfill all the eligibility criteria prescribed by Hamdard University. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual without assigning any reason. A candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. Furthermore, if any error/omission in the processing / verification of certificates/documents of any candidate is found by the University, the University has the right to cancel such admission at any stage when ever such error is discovered.
- Applications found to be incomplete or not submitted on the prescribed form and those reaching the University after the last date due to postal delay or otherwise shall not be entertained in any case. There will be no relaxation in the last date for submission of application forms.
- The University takes no responsibility for any postal delay in the delivery of interview or intimation letter or any other communication relating to admission.
- Applicants, who do not get the Admit Card, may report to the Admission Office three days before the date of the written Admission Test to collect the Admit Card in person. Such candidates are required to bring identity documents (two photographs, NIC, Passport or College Identity Card) for this purpose.
- No request for change in address at any stage will be entertained.
- The University has the right to change the Admission Test/Interview Schedule and/or venue due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- If it is discovered at any stage after admission that a candidate had made a false or incorrect statement or used fraudulent means for admission or does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, the admission shall be cancelled.
The University encourages and welcomes foreign nationals who have secured good marks in equivalent qualifying examinations. Preference will be given to candidates who have secured good percentile in SAT/GMAT/GRE examinations.
- They should apply on the prescribed admission form, stating clearly in bold letter, that they are International Students and enclose a fee of US$ 65 or Rs. 4000/- and must fulfill the following condition:
- They should have passed the examination in the concerned subject as per eligibility requirement of program with good academic record from a university/board included in the list of Higher Education Commission (HEC). In case the relevant university/board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit a certificate to this effect from HEC, Islamabad.
- They should possess valid passport and visa.
- They should also obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan.
Tuition and Other Fees
Hamdard University is-not-for profit entity and strives to provide quality education on subsidized basis. The fee structure is so designed to make it affordable for the students from varying socio-economic strata.
Liberal financial assistance and educational loan (Qarz-e-Hasna) are provided in the form of fee deferment to the deserving students.
The details about tuition, admission and other fees and charges, both for local and international students, are available on a separate sheet to be provided with the application package. For queries relating to fees, the admission offices at various campuses may be contacted.